The Edwards Charitable Foundation will provide preference for charitable organizations that have charitable purposes benefiting the geographical area of the State of Montana and particularly in Lake County and surrounding areas.
All grant applications must be accompanied with a copy of the IRS letter of approval indicating your 501 (c)(3) status.
Areas of Interest:
- River and Lake enhancement. Fish and wildlife conservation and environmental conservation.
- Children and women or family abuse prevention and education
- Assistance to active and non-active military and their families.
- Assistance with persons with mental and physical special needs including persons born with disabilities and military veterans with acquired disabilities.
- Youth education and/or youth sports (including equipment and sports fields)
- Financial scholarships for persons in financial needs to attend college, university or trade schools.
- Local Libraries
- Local Churches
- The Humane Society
- Volunteer Fire Departments in Lake and Ravalli Counties.
- We will not fund any administrative costs, travel, fundraising, entertainment, of like expenses.
- We will not fund any private or public foundations.
- All charities must have 501 (c)(3) status with the Internal Revenue Service.
- We will not fund any charities involving political activists.
- All charities must reach a minimum of an 85% threshold. That is, all dollars must have a minimum of 85% that goes directly to the purpose of the grant gift.
- All charities must not discriminate in any manner.